The term ‘Dao’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 3c Tai on Terrace, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong. Our company registration number is 67969796. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Dao and all related graphics, photographs, logos, and product and service names are trade marks (both registered and unregistered) of Dao. These trade marks, logos and other proprietary graphics may not be used in connection with any other product or service without Dao’s express prior written consent.
Terms of Trade
If you purchase any products via this website, you must agree to Dao's Terms of Trade (see Shipping and Shopping).
In case of dispute, the English language version of all Terms and Conditions shall precede the Chinese language version.
Delivery and return
Shipping and shopping
The information contained within this document relates to the Dao Hong Kong online store located at https://www.scentsofdao.com, operated by The Hong Kong Apothecary Associates Limited and trading as Dao (“Terms of Trade”).
Delivery and Shipping Fee
1. All associated shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
2. The delivery time will be confirmed once the customer agrees to accept the delivery and will depend of the shipping address.
3. Customer is responsible to provide correct shipping address to ensure successful shipment delivery. Dao is not responsible for any undelivered shipment due to provision of incorrect shipping address.
4. You will be liable for all import duties, customs and taxes. These will be due at the point of, or after delivery. Please be aware that Triangl does not have any control for any duties, customs and taxes levied by the country your order is being shipped to. We cannot advise you what the cost will be as these charges can vary according to country. Since these fees are not computed nor applied to orders by Triangl, please contact your local customs office to find out more information if you are unsure of the charges.
1. To submit an order for Products (Order), you must complete and submit the online order by registering your details.
2. Dao reserves the right to refuse any Order. In such case, Dao will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable and refund to you any payment in full.
3. All products available on the Site thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use and gifting only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions. Dao also reserves the right to take legal action against unauthorised and unofficial sale of our products.
Prices and Payment
1. All prices on the website are in Hong Kong dollars. Prices are subject to change without notice.
2. The amount payable to Dao for an Order (Order Amount) will be the total of the following amounts:
a. the sum of the price of each Product ordered as indicated on the website at the time of submitting the Order (Product Subtotal);
b. the cost of delivery determined in accordance with Delivery stated above, and
c. the sum of any other fees which Dao levies from time to time and which you have agreed to pay by providing your electronic consent (e.g. subscription fees).
3. You must pay the Order Amount by credit card at the time of submitting the Order. Dao accepts Visa, Mastercard, AE, Discover or PayPal.
4. If at any time your payment method cannot be verified, is invalid, or otherwise is not accepted, your purchase may be suspended or cancelled until you are able to resolve the problem to our satisfaction.
5. You will be liable for all import duties, customs and taxes. These will be due at the point of, or after delivery. Please be aware that Dao does not have any control for any duties, customs and taxes levied by the country your order is being shipped to. We cannot advise you what the cost will be as these charges can vary according to country. Since these fees are not computed nor applied to orders by Dao, please contact your local customs office to find out more information if you are unsure of the charges.
1. Without limiting Dao's legal rights arising from any failure by you to make a payment in accordance with these Terms of Trade, Dao reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to take any of the following actions against you if you fail to make such a payment:
a. withhold supply and dispose of the Products requested in the Order, and/or
b. refuse to deal further with you, and Dao will not be liable to you for any loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from any such action.
2. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 of this section and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Products are sold and information is rendered to you on the understanding that you have sole responsibility for determining the suitability of the Products for the purposes for which you intend to use them.
3. Subject to the following "No Warranty" clauses and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Dao for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of Dao breaching its obligations under these Terms of Trade or other tortious duty (including arising by reason of defects in the Products) is limited to a refund or replacement of the relevant Products.
1. Subject to the following clauses and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Dao gives no warranty in respect of the Products.
2. For consumers the Products come with non-excludable warranties and guarantees under consumer protection legislation, such as that Dao is the rightful owner, the Products are reasonably fit for their usual purpose, are of acceptable quality, and match any description or sample. If Dao breaches any of these non-excludable warranties or guarantees, you are entitled, at your option, to a refund or replacement of the relevant Products, and to compensation for any reasonable foreseeable loss.
Refunds and returns
Should you make an error when ordering online, Dao will gladly exchange your item for the item you intended to purchase. The returned item must be unopened and in its original saleable condition. You are responsible for the shipping and additional postage charges.
In the unfortunate event that you react to a product, you have the option of exchanging or refunding it. All items must be returned to Dao at 3c, Tai on Terrace, Sheung wan, Hong Kong. The customer is responsible for the shipping costs incurred when sending the items back to Dao.
Should an item be damaged while it is being shipped to you by us, Dao will provide you with a full refund or exchange. Return postage will be reimbursed in case of damaged, defective or incorrectly sent items and a reimbursement will be issued in the original form of payment.
In all cases, original proof of purchase must be provided and products must be returned within 14 days of receipt for Dao to process any refund or exchange. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please retain your postal receipt from Post Office until you are certain your parcel has been safely received by Dao. We may need to see this if we fail to receive your package.
Custom and duties
If Dao is delayed or hindered in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under any Order by reason of any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control, Dao will have no liability to you in respect of such non-performance and the time for performing the same will be extended until the event or circumstance has ceased.
1. If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, such term shall be severed and the remaining terms shall be unaffected (in this instance the parties shall use reasonable endeavours to negotiate a suitable substitute provision).
2. In case of dispute, the English language version of all Terms and Conditions shall precede the Chinese language version.
Dao is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the highest level of security for your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect, how we use that information, who we share it with, and how we protect that information.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information.
1. Who are we?
This Privacy Notice applies to information that the Hong Kong Apothecary Associates Ltd and Dao (referred to herein as "Dao", "we", "us" our "our") collect from you.
2. What information is covered by this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice covers all personal information processed by Dao which means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be identified directly or indirectly.
3. What information do we collect from you?
We may collect personal information (such as your name, postal and email address, telephone number, date of birth, title, payment information and other information) that you provide to us when you:
• purchase products through our website;
• subscribe to our newsletter.
Why we process your information:
a. To provide you with information about our products and services.
We process your order history to develop, market, sell or otherwise provide products, services or information to you. We also process your name and contact details to provide you with copies of our newsletter or information about our products, partnerships, or other marketing or promotional information. We also process this information to ensure that we do not contact you if you have asked us not to.
Using your personal information in this way is necessary for us to provide you with the best possible customer experience online.
b. To process your payments and protect you against fraudulent transactions.
We process your personal information including your card details to fulfil your purchase orders for our products, services and/or gift cards.
We also process this information to keep your payment details safe and protect you against fraudulent transactions.
It is in our legitimate interests to process financial information to keep payments secure and necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
c. To process exchanges or returns.
We process your personal information to perform our obligations under our contract with you.
It is necessary for us to process your personal information to fulfil our statutory and/or contractual obligations to you.
d. To respond to requests or complaints.
We will need to process your name and contact details to respond to requests or complaints.
It is necessary for us to process your personal information to fulfil our statutory and/or contractual obligations to you
e. To understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences.
We may use your information such as your geographical location to help us conduct focused market research based on trends and common factors so that we develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your individual needs.
It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information to develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to you.
4. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We will only use your information with your consent when we send you marketing materials by email, text or post, depending on your marketing preferences. You can opt out at any time by contacting us as described below. When we send you communications by email or other electronic means, we'll always give you the option to unsubscribe in the message itself.
5. With which third parties do we share your personal information?
Your personal information is intended for Dao but may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances:
Third parties permitted by law: In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, matters of national security, law enforcement, to enforce our contracts or protect your rights or those of the public.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
6. What are your rights?
You have the following rights available to you in respect of the personal information we hold about you:
• Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
• Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
7. How do we protect your personal information?
Dao's credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorised banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, Dao offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to help prevent others from accessing it. Personal information is stored on servers that are protected by appropriate safeguards, and will be accessible by authorised employees and agents who require access relating to their responsibilities. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
8. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable laws. When we no longer need to use personal information, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
9. How can you contact us?
If there are any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Which version of this Privacy Notice applies?
This Privacy Notice is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice from time to time. To obtain a copy of the latest version at any time, visit our website at http://www.scentsofdao.com/ or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice we post an alert on the home page of our global website.